As a fifth-generation family-owned business, Kevins Worldwide is committed to conducting its business with the highest standards of business ethics.
We operate under compliance with applicable laws and with a regard for human rights and fair labor practices. While we recognize and respect the cultural differences that exist throughout the world, Kevins Worldwide expects its vendors and agents to share and uphold these values.
The Code of Vendor Conduct was established to reflect Kevins Worldwide desire to do business with vendors who comply with the legal requirements applicable to the conduct of their business, and who respect accepted international labor standards. Kevins Worldwide ensures that vendors are informed of, and understand, the terms of the code.
Kevins Worldwide has also adopted the Fair Labor Association’s Workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Benchmarks. The FLA is a unique organization that brings together multiple stakeholders to improve the lives of thousands of workers around the globe. Click here to view the complete Workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Benchmarks.
Assessment and Compliance
Visits to production facilities are made by Kevins Worldwide agents who are required by agreement to promptly notify Kevins Worldwide of any event of noncompliance with the code. Vendors will be notified of the results of the visits and offered guidance with respect to matters requiring correction or which need improvement; however, Kevins Worldwide reserves the right to suspend future orders or to terminate its relationship with the vendor for compliance failures.
Cooperation and Communication
While we believe our vendor accountability process promotes responsible working conditions, we also believe that the continued cooperation and communication among all parties interested in this important area offer the best long-term prospects for improved labor conditions.
- No Child Labor: Vendors will not use child labor. A “child” refers to a person younger than 15 (14 where local law allows) or, if higher, the local legal minimum age for employment or the age for completing compulsory education.
- No Forced Labor: Vendors will not use any forced or involuntary labor, whether prison, bonded, indentured or otherwise.
- No Harassment or Coercion: Vendors will treat each employee with dignity and respect, and will not use corporal punishment, threats of violence or other forms of physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse.
- Freedom of Association: Vendors will recognize and respect the right of employees to associate freely and bargain collectively in a lawful and peaceful manner, without penalty or interference.
- Nondiscrimination: Kevins Worldwide respects the cultural differences found worldwide; however it is our belief that workers should be employed on the basis of their ability and qualification to do the job, and not on the basis of personal characteristics or beliefs. As such, vendors will not discriminate with regard to hiring and employment practices on the basis of race, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, political opinion or disability.
- Wages and Benefits: Vendors must at least pay the minimum wage as required by local law or the prevailing industry wage, whichever is higher and shall provide legally mandated benefits. An overtime premium must be paid in accordance with country law.
- Hours of Work/Overtime: Vendors will maintain reasonable employee work hours in compliance with the laws of the given country. Kevins Worldwide will favor vendors whose employees are normally not scheduled for more than forty-eight (48) regular hours per week and 12 hours overtime. Except for extraordinary business circumstances, employees should be permitted to at least one (1) day off in every seven (7) day period, or the legally mandated rest period if greater than one (1) day a week.
- Health and Safety: Vendors will provide employees with a safe and healthy workplace in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, ensuring at a minimum, reasonable access to potable water and sanitary facilities, fire safety, and adequate lighting and ventilation.
Vendors will comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding protection and preservation of the environment in their country.
Monitoring, Documentation and Compliance
Vendors will permit Kevins Worldwide and its agents (including third parties) to engage in assessment activities to confirm compliance with this Code of Vendor Conduct, including unannounced on site inspections of production facilities; reviews of books and records relating to employment matters; and private interviews with employees. Vendors will maintain on site all documentation that may be needed to demonstrate compliance with this Code of Vendor Conduct.
Communication of Standards
Vendors will take appropriate steps to ensure that the provisions of this Code of Vendor Conduct are communicated to employees, and any subcontractor employees, including the prominent posting of a copy of this Code of Vendor Conduct, in the local language and in a place readily accessible to employees, at all times.